Legal Adviser Sarajevo
Legal Adviser Sarajevo
Position Title: Legal Adviser
Position reference number: LC2019/05
Direct Supervisor: General Legal Counsel/ Head of Legal Service
Salary grade: LSG Grade I
Duty Station: Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
The incumbent(s) will report to the General Legal Counsel/Head of Legal Service in the Office of the EU Special Representative (EUSR) and will contribute to the work of the EUSR and his mandate in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The EUSR in Bosnia and Herzegovina is double-hatted with the EU Head of Delegation and in accordance with the EUSR mandate to “facilitate progress on political, economic and Union priorities”, the Legal Adviser will act under the direction of the EUSR and will work closely with the European External Action Service, European Commission services and other EU institutions as required by the EUSR. The EUSR modus operandi and internal organisation may evolve in accordance with decisions of the Council of the European Union and in relation to the EUSR’s mandate in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
The duties and responsibilities outlined below are therefore typical but not exclusive and the EUSR reserves the right to reasonably amend the duties and responsibilities here within.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities
– Monitor and report on public law matters at all levels of authority within Bosnia and Herzegovina relevant to EUSR’s mandate;
– Provide legal advice and assistance on general legislative and public policy reforms in the context of EU integration process;
– Monitor and assess the implementation of public administration reform in Bosnia and Herzegovina, in particular regulatory framework for policy development and coordination, including regulatory impact assessment aspect;
– Provide legal advice and support on matters related to quality, accessibility and accountability of public service, in particular on general administrative framework and respective procedures aimed at ensuring legality, impartiality, and transparency of public administration;
– Provide legal support and assess potential involvement of citizens in policy decision making through innovative models of participatory democracy to enhance the inclusiveness, transparency and accountability of the process;
– Provide opinion on legislative developments at all levels of authority in Bosnia and Herzegovina within relevant field of responsibility, including sector-specific assessments of applicable legislation and in comparative perspective with respective standards and best practices;
– Assist the General Legal Counsel/Head of Legal Service on legal and strategic matters linked to the incumbent field of responsibility and draft letters, prepare background papers and talking points to that effect;
– Coordinate internally and provide day-to-day liaison with both national and international interlocutors within relevant fields of responsibility;
– Other duties as directed by the General Legal Counsel/Head of Legal Service.
Application deadline: November 8
More information: https://www.mreza-mira.net/wp-content/uploads/2019/10/Vacancy_Legal-Adviser_PAR_advert.pdf
Broj izvrsilaca: 1
Datum isteka: 08.11.2019
Datum objave: 04.11.2019
Oglasi koje objavljujemo na web stranicama www.agencijaspektar.com su podijeljeni u dvije grupe: oglase Agencije i one koje preuzimamo iz sredstava javnog informisanja. Svi oglasi su preneseni u obliku u kojem su objavljeni u novinama, te nismo u mogućnosti da garantujemo tačnost istih ukoliko u originalnoj formi (u medijijma u kojima je objavljen) nije tačno prenesen, što nema povezanosti sa radom zaposlenih Agencije. U svakom slučaju savjetujemo svim kandidatima da provjere iste kod poslodavca koji oglašava potrebu za radnicima jer se uslovi konkursa mogu promijeniti u međuvremenu.