Programme Officer (80%-100%) Sarajevo
The Government of Switzerland is engaged in Bosnia and Herzegovina since 1996. Through its development cooperation programmes, Switzerland establishes close collaboration with the authorities at all levels, civil society and the private sector to create better living conditions for all citizens in the country. Swiss cooperation projects focus on Economic Development and Employment, Health, Local Governance and Municipal Services. In all Swiss engagement, special attention goes to enhance gender equality and social inclusion, and to combat climate change. Switzerland supports the country in the EU accession process and in reaching the 17 Goals of the 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development. We are looking for a new team member to join the Swiss Cooperation Team as
Programme Officer (80%-100%) Sarajevo
The Programme Officer (PO) will be responsible for strategic steering, management and development of projects in the field of Local Governance and Municipal Services (LG/MS) in Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH).
Responsibilities and duties
The Programme Officer
- Is responsible for strategic steering and management of projects related to water and governance, urban planning, disaster risk reduction and climate change. This includes strategic project monitoring visits, the review of reports from implementing partner organisations (operational and financial) and the organisation of project evaluations (drafting Terms of Reference etc.),
- is responsible for the identification and preparation of new interventions complementing the existing LG/MS portfolio, which includes the drafting of high quality credit proposals,
- is responsible to establish and maintain an institutional dialogue with implementing partners to ensure an excellent quality of project implementation,
- contributes to policy dialogue based on the Embassy’s priorities, drawing on the LG/MS, water, urban planning and disaster risk reduction portfolio,
- is actively engaged in the Swiss Cooperation’s networks Democratization, Decentralization and Local Governance (DDLG) and ResEAU (water network),
- is responsible for mainstreaming climate change in the Swiss portfolio,
- contributes to the implementation, steering and reporting of the Swiss Cooperation Programme in BiH and supports the work of the Embassy in general,
- actively engages in the Embassy’s social media work.
- University degree in public administration, management, social sciences or related field,
- outstanding knowledge in B/C/S and English,
- knowledge of German and/or French is an asset,
- proficient computer skills: MS Office; social media.
- Substantial experience in the field of development, in particular governance, water resource management, disaster risk reduction, or related topics,
- experience in international cooperation,
- knowledge of project cycle management.
- A networker and team worker with strong interpersonal and communication skills,
- politically sensitive person and interested in addressing policy challenges,
- an analytical and creative thinker who creates solutions and overcomes unexpected difficulties and challenges to produce desired outcomes,
- a multitasker with a high degree of flexibility,
- excellent writing skills.
Furthermore, the Programme Officer shall:
- Perform tasks with a high degree of accuracy, efficiency and independency
- demonstrate respect for all individuals at all times
- exercise judgement in managing confidential or sensitive information
Start and duration of the engagement
The engagement will start on 1 November 2020. The selected candidate will be awarded a one-year contract, with the possibility to be extended.
We look forward to receiving your application with a motivation letter and a detailed CV under the reference “Local Governance and Municipal Services Programme Officer” via“Prijavite se” no later than 18 June 2020.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. The Embassy will not return the applications and supporting documents to non-selected candidates.
Broj izvrsilaca: 1
Datum isteka: 18.06.2020
Datum objave: 05.06.2020
Oglasi objavljeni na web stranici agencijaspektar.com su autorsko pravo Agencije Spektar. Zabranjeno je kopiranje teksta oglasa. Objavljivanjem oglasa podliježete pravnim posljedicama, odnosno naknadi nastale štete.