Project Manager / Coordinator Laktaši
CERD is dedicated to help people in need and support sustainable development of local rural communities with strong intention to protect environment and promote various ecological production systems in agriculture. We believe that rural communities deserve a special attention and that’s way our moto reads: Rural is in! CERD is now looking to recruit a full-time Project Manager/Coordinator and we look forward to get a new and motivated team member who is enthusiastic about environment protection and organic production.
Project Manager / Coordinator Laktaši
Duty Location: Village Krnete, Laktaši, 25 kilometers from Banja Luka, transportation provided.
Position Title: Project Manager (senior position) or in some exceptional cases Project Coordinator (with less experience but with strong motivation to learn and develop and willingness for hard work).
Classification: This is full-time position of 5 working days, 40 hours per week (with three-month probation period).
Language Requirements: Excellent command of written and spoken English.
Supervisor: Executive Director
Starting date: Preferably October 1, 2020
Duration of initial contract: The position is offered initially for one year with a possible extension for another year upon successful completion of three-month probation period and is subject to the availability of funding.
CERD in Brief:
Center for Economic and Rural Development (CERD) is a non-governmental, non-profit organization, established with an aim to support continuous development of rural areas and improvement of the quality of life of the rural women and men. CERD was officially registered in 2012 and has implemented more than 30 projects in agriculture and rural development sector. Expressed in figures, CERD has supported more than 5,000 people in over 60 municipalities in Bosnia and Herzegovina.
We are focused on our final beneficiaries, who live from their work and who want to create value that can be passed on to future generations. Therefore, CERD works together with other organizations that are active in rural areas. In this way, a network of various stakeholders is created and a synergy between them formed, and all of it with the aim of more efficient utilization of resources and achieving better results, of transferring good practices from the European Union and other parts of the world.
In order to get closer to its principal target group, CERD decided to relocate its headquarters from Banja Luka town to rural area in Krnete village, near Laktaši, where a newly reconstructed and modern building serves as CERD’s office and Rural Education Center. Around this Center, CERD purchased and rented agricultural land and established its own organic (ecological) farm. This farm and protected trademark brand called Domestica® owned by CERD are platform for local economic development of targeted rural communities based on organic agriculture production and collaborative marketing. In order to pursue commercial activities and improve its sustainability prospects, CERD has established its own social enterprise called Marketing and Export Center (MEC d.o.o.). More than three years, CERD was publisher of the unique and the only domestic magazine for agriculture and rural development Agro PLANETA.
Through its projects, CERD focuses on partnership and networking with various stakeholders in order to represent interests of rural population and advocate for their rights and improved practices and policies in rural development sector. CERD is founding member of Rural Development Network in BiH and CERD also has very good relationship and cooperation with many similar organizations active in rural development sector in Western Balkan region and Europe.
The Project Manager, under the guidance of the Executive Director, will oversee all projects’ activities and coordinate with other related cooperation units including financial and administration department, the implementation team and colleagues from Domestica farm and Marketing and Export Center d.o.o.
S/he will be responsible for planning and executing projects activities to ensure that projects are on time and on budget. S/he will manage and coordinate activities in multi-projects environments and serve as a point of contact for donors, other partners and for the rest of the project staff. S/he establishes and maintains an excellent communication and coordination structure for the activities in Bosnia and Herzegovina and is responsible for all related project reporting, including Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E). S/he will also work in promotion of organization and projects through social and other media channels.
Taking into account a special environment in which CERD operates (possessing Office Building with Rural Educational Center and belonging courtyard as well as Organic Domestica Farm with applied Biodynamic agriculture principles) we look forward to get a new team member who likes rural environment and nature beauties, organic production and ecology and is willing to commit some of its working time for care and development of our common place.
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assume responsibility and ownership of the overall management for portfolio of projects, including planning, organizing and implementing projects’ activities. Potential duties may include organizing events and liaising with event invitees, speakers, trainers, and participants; collaborating with other project staff and partners; providing support to and oversight of small-scale projects funded by CERD and implementing by CERD’s members’ organizations, and other responsibilities,
- conduct monitoring; Oversee and take upon yourself data collection for narrative, monitoring and evaluation reporting; and Prepare projects narrative reports, communications materials, and other program documentation as per donors’ stipulations,
- develop strong working relationships with partners, beneficiaries, other donor organizations and other relevant stakeholders to ensure projects are well-targeted and achieving the desired results,
- establish successful coordination and prompt and efficient communication with third parties outside the organization, including donors’ representatives as well as with other project and finance & administrative staff within the organization. Special attention should be given to accuracy, clarity and proper text formatting in written communication,
- carry out PR activities, serve as the point of contact for projects and represent projects at various events when necessary. Promote projects’ activities and overall organization among stakeholders (members, partners, public and private sector) through various channels and media outlets. Produce content and communication materials for media, including taking adequate photos and writing of articles and posts for web page, social media (FB, Instagram, Twitter…) and other promotional medial channels,
- organize and independently conduct presentations and educational workshops in relevant subjects,
- ensure Gender Equality is mainstreamed throughout all activities and projects implementation,
- facilitate translation of project materials and events as necessary,
- manage and handle the entire tendering process for all procurement of goods and services in accordance with donors’ requirements,
- oversee projects costs and manage project budgets, including creation of budget for certain project activities and budget proposals for new projects,
- monitor local and regional environment in regard to nature protection, organic production, green economy, rural and local economic development and other related subjects and provide updates on current events, trends, legal changes, and other information that could impact organization and projects activities in country to the Executive Director and other project staff as necessary,
- develop new project ideas (desirable creativity and innovativeness in development of new ideas), monitor CfP, design projects and write project proposals for various donors (EU, USAID, embassies and other development agencies and organizations.),
- participate and contribute in strategic planning for organization and its social enterprise,
- demonstrate commitment to upholding CERD’s Core Values,
- readiness for certain level of engagement at Domestica farm operations and for regular care and maintenance of CERD’s building and location is important advantage,
- as CERD’s project funding is rather flexible and adaptive, the jobholder will be expected to adapt quickly and take on new areas of work as required and assume other duties as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum 5 years of programmatic and administrative management experience, preferably working on international donor-funded projects. In exceptional cases, it is possible to consider an applicant with less experience but with demonstrated high motivation and willingness for fast personal development and hardworking attitude,
- demonstrated organizational skills and attention to detail,
- demonstrated ability for problem solving,
- strong interpersonal skills and ability to network and work collaboratively with others,
- ability to think creatively and take a proactive role in achieving team objectives,
- excellent verbal and written communication skills,
- proficiency use of Microsoft Office and common online and social media platforms,
- must be a self-starter, self-reliant, resourceful, good problem-solver, good humored, and flexible,
- flexibility and ability to learn quickly,
- a working understanding of grant management and related international donors’ rules,
- ability to work independently, efficiently, and reliably from a remote location, making sure that quality maintains high standards and is provided according to strict deadlines,
- strong managerial skills to coordinate project activities from a remote location; ability to independently travel within the country and abroad to provide face-to-face oversight when necessary and to participate in various events,
- ability to work collaboratively with a diverse staff,
- bachelor degree in relevant field or equivalent standard of education or demonstrated intensive experience,
- verbal and written fluency in English required,
- working knowledge of the broader rural development environment and environmental protection sector and social issues is advantage.
The CERD is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. CERD supports flexible working options including working from home for part of the working week, and there is some flexibility in working hours. CERD will provide opportunities for networking, learning and development.
Interested candidates can send their CV and letter of interest (motivation letter) via “Prijavite se”.
Broj izvrsilaca: 1
Datum isteka: 25.09.2020
Datum objave: 16.09.2020
Oglasi objavljeni na web stranici agencijaspektar.com su autorsko pravo Agencije Spektar. Zabranjeno je kopiranje teksta oglasa. Objavljivanjem oglasa podliježete pravnim posljedicama, odnosno naknadi nastale štete.